Wednesday, June 3

My Summer 2009




As much as I hate or love to say, but my summer is officially over.

I have not done as much stuff as a regular "bakasyonista" would do, but I guess Summer 2009 was quite worthwhile.

I spent two weeks on two separate camps. One was the National Summer Youth Science and Technology Camp in Balanga, Bataan. I was with 12 other classmates, 1 schoolmate and an adviser, Ma'am Jovelita Crizaldo. I think, that camp was my best so far. It is because I had my firsts in this camp. I knew the feeling of being a passenger in an airplane. And also, I figured what it feels to be in RORO (Roll-On Roll-Off). Major first, I have been to Manila and some parts of Luzon's roads like Batangas, and Bataan. Due to RORO's bus, I was able to experience the highways of Mindoro and Aklan. There are a lot more reasons why that was my most memorable and best camp so far. Like, I met new friends from different parts of the country, mostly from Mindanao which has the biggest delegation on the said camp. I spent quality time with them, especially with my group, SavEn(7). I also get to visit a Pawikan Shelter where I first saw and touched a baby and adult pawikan. I also witnessed an Aeta lectured fancily. I enjoyed the comforts of a hotel. But with limits. But that's alright, I had fun with Crown Hotel's Elevator.

The other camp was the Red Cross Youth Summer Camp Training. I really enjoyed this camp because we were completely out of the city, and it's a matter of survival. There was a limited supply of electricity, water, food and other conveniences. But, it did not stop me to have fun. I experienced fetching the water, washing the dishes, sleeping in silver foam, taking a bath with water from a small well, no cellphone and other stuff I don't usually do in the city. I learned a lot from the training. I knew bandaging, challenges, lectures and how to give basic first-aid. I also meet some folks from other schools like Saint Mary's and SSTC. I felt sad when the last night and morning of the camp came. I have not chatted that much to other campers, but I realized we can still see other in the city. I also get to see my family after a week of my absence!

Other parts of my summer include signing of my clearance which took almost a week, hang-outs with my friends, quality time with my family, texting, and most of the time, surfing the net for almost four hours a day. I met some friends from Iloilo, which my friends met a certain camp. I also visited Kathleen's house for a feast in Panay, Capiz. That was all I remembered spending my summer of 2009.

Ending of my summer means starting of classes, again. This time, my last year of High School comes. I hope Summer 2010 would be much better and be the happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment